Jobs in IT, Technical, Production Management, Engineering, Logistics, Distribution
My client is a world leader in their field, supplying their products to the automotive, rail and marine sectors to name just a few. They are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced production professional to join their team. As Production Machining Manager you will report in to the Production Manager and be responsible for supervising and supporting all activities within your department to ensure that production targets are achieved.
Key responsibilities include: -
· Ensuring measures and controls are in place to maintain targets and KPI’s.
· To monitor and drive forward the achievement of all production targets, communicating expectations effectively.
· To plan and direct continuous improvement initiatives to increase productivity.
· To lead and motivate team leaders and staff through effective coaching and mentoring.
· Ensure that quality standards and procedures are maintained and adhered to.
· To control production expenditure within agreed budgets.
The successful candidate should offer the following skills and experience:-
· Sound technical and operational knowledge of machining production processes.
· Proven background of working within a similar role where you have had to lead and motivate others.
· General knowledge of environmental, health & safety requirements.
· Confident communication and man management skills
Our Exeter based client requires an IT Support Assistant to carry out an immediate temporary assignment that will last a minimum of two months. Reporting to senior management, the appointed candidate will act provide 1st and 2nd line support within the organisation but also to one of my clients key customers. To be considered for this role, interested candidates must hold a strong working knowledge of Apple hardware and OSX/iOS operating systems as this will be the key technology that the successful applicant will be responsible for. A strong understanding of networking concepts and principles will also be needed for this role. Candidates must hold strong communication and interpersonal skills as they will be required to go out and visit clients on site. The appointed candidate will have to work well under pressure and have the ability to identify the root cause of problems. Excellent customer service skills are viewed as essential for this role.
This is a great opportunity to work within one of Exeter’s premier employers. There is also the potential for the length of the assignment to be extended. My client is looking to offer a competitive hourly rate. For further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Senior web developer (ASP.Net) required to join a reputable business located in Newton Abbot. The role will be initially for three months but could well be extended. Working from a busy design studio, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle from initial meetings, planning, design, build, testing and delivery through to post development support, maintenance and administration. The role requires exceptional communicational skills in order to participate in meetings with marketing staff, senior management and 3rd parties. Applicants should hold the following skill set:
· a minimum of 5 years commercial ASP.net (c#) experience
· Windows services, web services and console applications expertise
· Management of Windows 2003/2008 hosting servers on physical and virtual platforms
· Linux web host management
· In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics
· SQL Server
· Java Script
Candidates interested in the role should possess the ability to give accurate timescales and costs for development projects and deliver creative, robust, standard compliant solutions. My client is looking to offer a highly competitive hourly rate. For further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
Experienced Packaging Technologist required to work for my client based in the heart of the South West. This role is working with the manufacturing and development of FMCG brands. The main purpose of the position is to ensure all received componentry is to the required standard and specification.
Main Tasks of Job:
You will work closely with the purchasing and commercial teams to ensure that quality is achieved.
Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role within a manufacturing environment. You will have a good eye for detail and be confident at dealing with people at all levels. This is a demanding and varied role and requires someone who thrives working in this type of environment where deadlines have to be achieved.
Senior New Product Development Technologist required by my client who is currently going through a stage of growth. This is an established role in the team and report’s to the Head of Innovation for the site. The main purpose of this position is to ensure and oversee the delivery of a range of innovation projects. This will include all product, process standards, the development of product recipes and management of the brief from concept through to launch.
Duties and Responsibilities include.
· Management of multiple projects, putting together clear targets in line with project brief and taking into account factory and supplier capabilities.
· Management of projects within agreed costs and critical path, making appropriate changes to ensure these are achieved.
· Ensure full and accurate documentation of recipe’s throughout the development process.
· Visit various manufacturing facilities around the UK, ensuring all projects are running smoothly.
· Accept overall responsibility for the product development process within the manufacturing facilities
Ideally you will offer the following qualities.
· Knowledge of both factory capabilities and how product development works in order to maximise your effectiveness in this role.
· A proven track record within a similar role in the food industry.
· Awareness of technical and legislation parameters
· Bsc Degree or equivalent qualifications in a food related subject.
· Ability to work under pressure and remain focused
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to really make their mark within this business and be part of a very exciting stage for the company. My client is looking for a foodie who isn’t afraid to challenge the way that things are done to achieve results for the business. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to travel for this position. This is full expenses and a car is provided.
Cathedral Appointments, 33-35 Southernhay East, Exeter, Devon EX1 1NX
Tel: +44 (0)1392 413577 Fax: +44 (0)1392 425690 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org