My client is a world leader in their field, supplying their products to the automotive, rail and marine sectors to name just a few. They are offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced production professional to join their team. As Production Machining Manager you will report in to the Production Manager and be responsible for supervising and supporting all activities within your department to ensure that production targets are achieved.
Key responsibilities include: -
· Ensuring measures and controls are in place to maintain targets and KPI’s.
· To monitor and drive forward the achievement of all production targets, communicating expectations effectively.
· To plan and direct continuous improvement initiatives to increase productivity.
· To lead and motivate team leaders and staff through effective coaching and mentoring.
· Ensure that quality standards and procedures are maintained and adhered to.
· To control production expenditure within agreed budgets.
The successful candidate should offer the following skills and experience:-
· Sound technical and operational knowledge of machining production processes.
· Proven background of working within a similar role where you have had to lead and motivate others.
· General knowledge of environmental, health & safety requirements.
· Confident communication and man management skills
Experienced Packaging Technologist required to work for my client based in the heart of the South West. This role is working with the manufacturing and development of FMCG brands. The main purpose of the position is to ensure all received componentry is to the required standard and specification.
Main Tasks of Job:
You will work closely with the purchasing and commercial teams to ensure that quality is achieved.
Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role within a manufacturing environment. You will have a good eye for detail and be confident at dealing with people at all levels. This is a demanding and varied role and requires someone who thrives working in this type of environment where deadlines have to be achieved.
Senior New Product Development Technologist required by my client who is currently going through a stage of growth. This is an established role in the team and report’s to the Head of Innovation for the site. The main purpose of this position is to ensure and oversee the delivery of a range of innovation projects. This will include all product, process standards, the development of product recipes and management of the brief from concept through to launch.
Duties and Responsibilities include.
· Management of multiple projects, putting together clear targets in line with project brief and taking into account factory and supplier capabilities.
· Management of projects within agreed costs and critical path, making appropriate changes to ensure these are achieved.
· Ensure full and accurate documentation of recipe’s throughout the development process.
· Visit various manufacturing facilities around the UK, ensuring all projects are running smoothly.
· Accept overall responsibility for the product development process within the manufacturing facilities
Ideally you will offer the following qualities.
· Knowledge of both factory capabilities and how product development works in order to maximise your effectiveness in this role.
· A proven track record within a similar role in the food industry.
· Awareness of technical and legislation parameters
· Bsc Degree or equivalent qualifications in a food related subject.
· Ability to work under pressure and remain focused
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to really make their mark within this business and be part of a very exciting stage for the company. My client is looking for a foodie who isn’t afraid to challenge the way that things are done to achieve results for the business. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to travel for this position. This is full expenses and a car is provided.
My client is a high volume manufacturer and is looking for a facilities technician to provide technical support to their large manufacturing facility in the heart of Plymouth. Reporting in to the Facilities team leader, the primary function of this position is to ensure all equipment is maintained, reviewed and operated across the manufacturing unit, as well as the maintenance of the buildings and site grounds.
You will be expected to follow all safely compliance and operate within the technical guidelines of the business. Working closely with production, you will minimise downtime caused through failure of production equipment and respond to call-outs to ensure minimum interruption.
The successful candidate will have a proven background working in a manufacturing environment where they have maintained electrical and mechanical equipment. You should also thrive working in a busy environment and possess excellent problem solving skills. An NVQ in Mechanical or Electrical engineering would be an advantage.
My clients are leaders in their field and design and manufacture industrial instrumentation for a variety of markets both in the UK and Internationally. Based in the heart of Devon they are offering an opportunity for an experienced manufacturing and engineering professional to join their team as Operations Manager. To date, the success of this business has focused on developing solutions within niche markets and building close working relationships with customers who have specific technical problems and providing practical solutions.
Initially, this position will work very closely with the Managing Director to gain a technical understanding of the product range and the markets that they work in. The ultimate aim for this role is that eventually the day to day running of the business will be handed over, providing an excellent opportunity for progression and more involvement in the strategic direction of the business.
The responsibilities of this position are varied and include: -
· Proactively providing innovative engineering solutions to customers, by offering an in-depth understanding my client’s product range and capabilities.
· Building close relationships with customers, developing technical solutions to their problems whilst utilising current product ranges as a basis for NPD.
· Visiting clients, presenting to them, engaging with them technically and agreeing technical specification for future business.
· Planning and directing the company operations and manufacturing departments to ensure that the agreed plans and objectives are delivered.
· Liaising with internal functions including engineering, manufacturing, quality and sales to ensure that clear objectives are implemented and managed effectively.
· Manage and control all departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
This is an all-encompassing position which requires strong commercial awareness and a ‘hands on’ management style. In addition the successful candidate should offer: -
· A proven background at building strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and developing technical solutions.
· Experience of working within a small operation, at a senior level in a technical sales role.
· In-depth understanding of complex manufacturing systems and procedures.
· Highly experienced at project management within new product development.
· Natural and confident communication skills.
A passion for quality, engineering and administrative efficiency will be your hallmark. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing business where you will be responsible for driving the business forward commercially and operationally, with the ultimate aim of moving into a Director position in the future.
Cathedral Appointments, 33-35 Southernhay East, Exeter, Devon EX1 1NX
Tel: +44 (0)1392 413577 Fax: +44 (0)1392 425690 Email: email@example.com