Experienced procurement professional required by my client to work at their head office in South Devon and support other branches around the region. The role is multi-disciplinary, bringing together procurement, inventory and working closely with the Director to optimise inventory levels through streamlining suppliers and developing product ranges. The focus of this position is to manage all purchasing and inventory disciplines with the aim of increasing the profitability for the business.
· Research, source and negotiate best product and pricing.
· Manage order acknowledgements, Price queries, Delivery and Invoice discrepancies.
· Maintain and develop Supplier relationships.
In order to meet the criteria of this position, the successful candidate should offer the following skills and experience: -
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to provide structure to the purchasing function within this growing business.
Experienced Buyer required by my clients who are an engineering business based on the Somerset/Dorset boarder. The main focus of this position is to source, negotiate and purchase goods and services that meet the companies’ requirements in terms of quality, quantity, pricing and on time delivery.
Day to day responsibilities will include: -
· Liaising internally with sales, engineering and production to ensure goods and timescales are accurate.
· Selecting suppliers on the basis of meeting all requirements, either through the selection of approved suppliers, or the sourcing of new ones.
· In collaboration with QA and engineering enduring successful completion of product approval.
· Ensuring contract negotiation with supplier meets the company’s requirements.
· Proactively expediting outstanding purchasing orders with suppliers.
In order to meet the selection criteria for this position, the successful candidate should offer the following: -
· Either be CIPS qualified or working towards a relevant qualification.
· Precious experience of working in a purchasing role within a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent commercial awareness and confident negotiating skills.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing business as they enter in to new markets and develop new products.
Cathedral Appointments, 33-35 Southernhay East, Exeter, Devon EX1 1NX
Tel: +44 (0)1392 413577 Fax: +44 (0)1392 425690 Email: email@example.com