Experienced procurement professional required by my client to work at their head office in South Devon and support other branches around the region. The role is multi-disciplinary, bringing together procurement, inventory and working closely with the Director to optimise inventory levels through streamlining suppliers and developing product ranges. The focus of this position is to manage all purchasing and inventory disciplines with the aim of increasing the profitability for the business.
· Research, source and negotiate best product and pricing.
· Manage order acknowledgements, Price queries, Delivery and Invoice discrepancies.
· Maintain and develop Supplier relationships.
In order to meet the criteria of this position, the successful candidate should offer the following skills and experience: -
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to provide structure to the purchasing function within this growing business.
Process & Projects Engineers required by my client who are currently going through a substantial stage of growth. Due to heavy investment on site with the aim of doubling turnover of the facility, this is an opportunity for an experienced Process & Projects engineer to be part of this.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Team Leader these positions are new roles and will be tasked with implementing cost reduction initiatives whilst maximising capacity. On the process side, you will be responsible for engineering activities, reviewing capital equipment plans and plant layouts.
Responsibilities for these positions include: -
· Reviewing plans, design and improvements for new projects and processes to improve productivity, efficiency and plant facilities.
· Preparing accurate project schedules and cost estimates for all projects.
· Responsible for equipment/plant performance and reporting status.
· Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements.
· Utilise Six Sigma methodologies and carry out statistical data analysis.
To meet the requirements of these positions, the successful candidate needs to offer experience of working within a high volume environment be HND/Degree qualified in an engineering discipline and be able to provide examples of specific projects that they have managed successfully with clear results.
My client is a market leading manufacturing company located in Devon. They are now looking to recruit a manufacturing engineer on a Permanent basis to deal with an increase in demand. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining engineering solutions for my clients manufacturing process as well as consistently looking to reduce scrap associated with the manufacturing process. Further key responsibilities include:
•Designing and delivering tools and fixtures for the manufacturing processes.
• Support production automation activities and facilitate damage investigation.
• Drive manufacturing cost reduction and actively support product quotation and costing activities
• Identify non value activities and drive engineering corrective actions. In order to be considered for the role all candidates must hold a minimum of three years’ experience working within a similar role.
A strong understanding of 3D CAD/CAM preferably on NX7.5 or solidworks in a tool making or machining environment. Excellent decision making skills are a must as is a driven and pro-active approach to work.
Cathedral Appointments, 33-35 Southernhay East, Exeter, Devon EX1 1NX
Tel: +44 (0)1392 413577 Fax: +44 (0)1392 425690 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org